Independence day is a patriotic day full of good food, fun in the sun, and dazzling firework displays. Because we are lucky enough for the 4th of July to land on a Saturday this year, the festivities are likely to last all weekend. This is great for most of us but a little nerve-racking for pets. After all, you don’t want to spend the entire holiday consoling your shaky, scared sidekick when you could be enjoying the festivities together! However, if you have a pet that is sensitive to loud noises and the incessant sound of fireworks has them on edge, we have a few tips to help — including CBD for pets.
Fireworks and Dogs: A Shaky Combination
For most of us, when fireworks light up the sky in colorful twinkles and bursts, it feels simply magical. Few other experiences can compare to seeing such a grand display above us in celebration of our nation. But, unfortunately, dogs don’t experience the same enjoyment as we do for a few key reasons:
1. Some dogs feel threatened when they hear fireworks.
Dogs instinctively want to protect their owners, their homes, and themselves from all threats. The noise coming from outside, echoing into the home, can make dogs feel anxious, on guard, and defensive as they attempt to understand the perceived threat.
2. The loud sounds are bothersome to some dogs.
Because dogs’ hearing is more acute than humans’, they hear sounds more profoundly, making the loud booming sound of fireworks more alarming. Also, the whistling sound can resemble a dog whistle for some dogs, perking their ears up and making them feel on edge.
3. Some dogs dislike the unpredictability of fireworks.
When we celebrate Independence Day, we anticipate the sound of fireworks in the distance, and we don’t feel alarmed. However, dogs see it as an average day that loud, unpredictable noises have suddenly bombarded. This is unnerving for them, and it can feel very scary.
If your dog seems to dislike fireworks and it triggers a sense of fear or nervousness, you may observe the following behaviors from your four-legged pal:
- Excessive panting
- Excessive barking
- Pacing around the house looking out the windows
- Hiding in a small space
Tips to Keep Fido Calm on the 4th of July
Your furry sidekick is your best pal and an important part of your family. So when they feel stressed out, you want to do everything you can to help them. You might think that nothing can be done to help your dog during the loud Fourth of July festivities, but that’s not true! You can take a few steps to reduce your pup’s tension and set them up for a more relaxed evening. Try one (or all) of these tips to help console your dog this holiday weekend:
- Try a comforting “thunder shirt” or other wraps for your dog. The constant light pressure feels comforting to many dogs, and it is a known remedy for dogs who dislike thunderstorms for similar reasons. However, remember not to make it too tight, or your dog will feel confined and uncomfortable. The idea is to have your dog feel safe like they would if they were being hugged or under a protective blanket.
- Do your best to keep your dog inside during the festivities. Unless it seems to be a potty emergency, keeping your dog indoors helps reduce the volume of the sounds and prevents your pup from running away to hide or chase the sounds. Inside is the safest place for dogs during fireworks displays.
- Make sure there is a comfortable “safe space” inside for your dog to retreat to. Some dogs feel at ease when they are inside of their crate or kennel. Others prefer a certain spot in the house. Accommodate your dog’s preferences and make sure they can tuck away from the action whenever they want. Tip: If you can’t find your dog’s hiding place during fireworks, check the bathroom. Many dogs like to slip between the toilet and bathtub where it feels safe and cool.
- Set your dog up for success. You can put a dab of lavender essential oil on your dog’s collar to promote a sense of calmness through their acute sense of smell.
CBD for Pets – Is It Safe?
Many of you know and love CBD for the way it improves your own routine, but you may not realize it can benefit your pets, too! Pets experience similar physical and emotional discomforts as humans, and CBD helps reduce them in an all-natural way. But wait. Before you start sharing your personal CBD products with your sidekick, there are a few things you should know.
While the active ingredient – hemp-derived cannabidiol (CBD) – is the same, products made for humans have different supplemental ingredients and dosage recommendations than pet-specific products. CBD made for pets is carefully produced to include flavors your pets will love, and dosage amounts to cater to their average size/weight.
At The Hemp Doctor, America’s Premier Hemp & CBD Dispensary, we offer multiple CBD products for pets to get their tails wagging, including:
All of our pet products are 100% THC-free and completely safe for your pets to consume.
Get Started Today!
Don’t forget to add The Hemp Doctor’s specially-formulated CBD for pets to your shopping list for your 4th of July festivities. And while you’re browsing our website, don’t forget to pick yourself up a little treat as well! Our expansive inventory has several fun CBD options for you to add to your holiday celebration. So whether you prefer the tried-and-true softgels and tinctures, or if you want to add some flavor to your day with our share-worthy CBD edibles, our unparalleled CBD is bound to make your day extra enjoyable.
Don’t delay! Our premium CBD can help you and your furry friend enjoy the holiday with less worry and more enjoyment. Order online now, or if you live near our Mooresville, NC shop, stop in!
Proper hygiene practices are a hot topic these days, as everyone is looking for tips to stay healthy, keep their hands clean, and avoid getting sick. As a result, hand sanitizer has never been in higher demand, and we have even begun singing songs while we wash our hands to be sure we scrub long enough to eliminate bacteria.
We have become extremely conscientious about touching our own faces, avoiding shaking hands, and wiping down surfaces, but it can be easy to forget about some less obvious places that germs can live. For instance, when was the last time you wiped down your cell phone? How about your toothbrush handle? Steering wheels, makeup brushes, can openers, and TV remotes… The list of things we touch and don’t really think about cleaning is almost shocking!
When it comes to your daily habits, it would be very beneficial to implement a few simple but very effective hygiene practices to prevent the spread of germs. At The Hemp Doctor, America’s Premier Hemp & CBD Dispensary, we specialize in all things hemp and CBD-related, but at our core, we are passionate about promoting true wellness. That’s why we have compiled these simple product preparation tips to incorporate into your daily routine to help you do everything possible to stay well!
Product Preparation: Four Easy Tips
Whether you’re enjoying something from our cutting-edge CBD inventory or any other wellness product, it is important to take a few precautions, especially when it comes to something you plan to consume. Here are some easy-to-implement product preparation tips from our team of professionals:
- Wash your hands. Yes, this seems obvious. But we had to put it on the list because it can be so easy to forget. Handle your product packages and your actual products with clean hands. You don’t want remnants of this morning’s breakfast living in or on your wellness products. Wash your hands first before anything else.
- Only touch what you plan to consume. When you plan to take softgels, gummies, or any other product where there are several in the bottle, you might be inclined to reach into the bottle, feel around, and grab your daily dosage. Don’t do this. The best and most sanitary way to retrieve your product is to gently pour the products into the cap, touch only the products you will consume that moment, pour the rest back into the bottle from the cap, and seal it tightly.
- Store your products in a cabinet or drawer – not out in the open. We always recommend storing your products in a cool, dry place to maximize their shelf life. However, properly storing your products is a good hygiene practice as well. Leaving your product bottles out in the open, especially in a bathroom where there are microscopic particles in the air, can leave your packages covered in bacteria. Keeping your bottles in a medicine cabinet or nightstand drawer will keep them from accumulating unnecessary dust and germs.
- Avoid sharing your products. While it is easier to avoid sharing germs with softgels and gummies (by pouring the product into the cap and only touching your dosage), it can be difficult to avoid cross-contamination with other products. You should never share your vape pen or tincture because these products make direct contact with your mouth.
Note: Even without sharing, it’s important to wipe down your vape pen to keep it clean. Regarding tinctures, you can wash off your dropper after administering your dosage under your tongue as an added layer of caution before putting it back in the bottle.
These simple tips can help you avoid spreading germs and bacteria and keep you enjoying the products you use daily safely. Being extra conscientious is better than risking getting sick, and these easy tips are truly fool-proof! Stay well and keep enjoying your wellness products.
Hemp-Derived CBD: Supporting a Nervous Nation
COVID-19 has truly made a lasting impact on our lives. Hygiene was important before, but now, it seems vital. The above tips are helpful all the time – not just during a pandemic. But it seemed like a perfect time to share these reminders because we really want to do everything to help you stay healthy.
CBD rapidly rose in popularity in 2018 when The Farm Bill passed, making all hemp-derived CBD products legal to purchase and consume in the United States. Since early 2020, when COVID-19 began impacting the daily lives of just about everyone, interest in CBD surged again. Consumers are rushing to place their online orders and have CBD delivered to their doors, and they have been pleased with the results of this all-natural compound. CBD is an attractive wellness option because:
- It is completely legal.
- It delivers several benefits naturally.
- Consumers do not experience psychoactive side-effects with CBD derived from hemp because it is a different substance than it’s cousin plant, marijuana.
- Hemp-derived CBD contains a maximum of 0.3% THC, which is considered miniscule. Full-spectrum CBD products contain up to 0.3% THC, and broad-spectrum CBD products have the THC removed, so customers have two appealing options.
- It is highly versatile, so it can be taken many ways, including:
- Oral drops
- Energy Drinks & Teas
- Applied topically, with salves and freeze cream
- Inhaled via a vape pen or smokeable flower
- It is non-addictive. The body is not known to develop a tolerance to it, so it won’t need to be adjusted once you find your ideal dosage.
These are some of the many reasons people are flocking to CBD, and it’s not hard to find online testimonials and anecdotes from happy consumers sharing their personal success stories. Hemp-derived CBD is truly changing lives!
The Hemp Doctor: Committed to Quality
Because CBD is so popular, it can be found just about anywhere. From coast to coast, CBD enthusiasts trust The Hemp Doctor with all of their CBD and hemp needs because we truly are the experts, and the quality of our products is unparalleled. The quality is not the same across the board, though, so it’s important to only purchase high-quality CBD from a brand you can trust. You wouldn’t buy your sushi at a gas station for obvious reasons, and you shouldn’t buy your CBD there either.
Our Premium CBD products are used by everyday people and famous athletes alike! We hope you join the CBD family so you can reap all of the benefits of our organically grown, high-quality products. Contact us today to get started!