CBD enthusiasts are continually finding new ways to incorporate the remarkable compound into their routines. Adding it to food is one of the hottest (and tastiest) recent trends to sweep the nation. With just a little bit of creativity, one can make mouthwatering CBD-infused creations that are pleasing to the palette, mind, and body.
Don’t worry – if you are not the creative type, there are dozens of super simple ways to add CBD into your food or beverages and plenty of recipe ideas online. Eager to start cooking with CBD? Let’s dive in.
Before you whip out the mixing bowl and start crafting, you need to know a few essential things before cooking with any CBD product type. With this information, you will maximize the benefits you can reap from adding CBD (cannabidiol) to your recipes.
- CBD Isolate is not water-soluble. This is important to understand because if you are using a CBD Isolate (pure CBD crystals with no additional ingredients), the CBD will likely not absorb into your bloodstream, and you will have wasted your valuable product. On its own, CBD cannot absorb into your body. That’s why, when you read the ingredient list on most hemp and CBD products from reputable retailers, you will always find a “carrier oil” like olive oil, avocado oil, almond oil, coconut oil, or MCT (medium-chain triglyceride) oil. Any one of these oils will fuse with the CBD extract and allow it to quickly absorb into your body. Without a carrier oil, the CBD simply cannot be metabolized properly, rendering it useless.
To avoid mishaps, always mix your CBD isolate powder with a carrier oil before using it in a recipe. Stick to MCT oil, almond oil, or coconut oil for sweet recipes and olive oil or avocado oil for savory recipes, so the oil doesn’t drastically modify its flavor profile. CBD isolate powder is a budget-friendly option if you plan to prepare large servings of your CBD-infused recipe; For smaller servings, save yourself the trouble and simply use a CBD Tincture, which is already designed to absorb into the bloodstream properly.
- Overheating CBD can significantly reduce its potency. Research has shown that exposing your CBD extract to temperatures over 320℉ can weaken the compound’s active ingredients, potentially making it less effective upon consumption. Because baking with CBD is a relatively new phenomenon, the jury is still out on whether adding CBD to a recipe in a 350℉ oven will make a profound difference, but experts warn that it’s possible.
To be safe, consider adding CBD to recipes that cook at 300℉ at most. You can add CBD afterward using a Natural Flavor CBD Tincture or create a dipping sauce or topping infused with CBD for recipes requiring higher heat.
- Pay attention to dosage. Whether you consume CBD in supplement form or add it to your coffee, smoothies, or other recipes, it’s always important to pay attention to dosage. Carefully read the label to understand how much CBD is in each serving or dropper, and incorporate just enough to provide an appropriate dosage. Never pour CBD into a recipe without measuring, and always inform your guests if you have added CBD into a dish (as well as how much you used it) for their safety and comfort.
Let’s Get Cooking!
Now that you know some of the most helpful things to keep in mind while cooking with CBD, you can savor the maximum benefits from doing so. No matter what type of cuisine or diet you follow, incorporating all-natural, hemp-derived CBD is shockingly easy to do! Here are a few of our favorite simple CBD-infused recipes to get you started!
In the morning:
- Gather up some of your favorite fruits and veggies, and make a nutritious CBD smoothie!
Combine morning favorites like strawberries, bananas, apples, or pineapple, then toss in a handful of spinach or kale to boost nutrition. Splash in your favorite fruit juice (like orange juice or pineapple juice), carefully measure your desired dosage of Orange-Flavored CBD Tincture, and blend it! This is one of the easiest ways to deliver a dose of all-around wellness and CBD in one delicious cup.
During the day:
- Prepare the ingredients for a nutrient-rich salad!
Wash and combine ingredients like mixed greens, diced tomato, sliced avocado, chopped hard-boiled eggs, sliced strawberries, a handful of walnuts, and a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese, then mix them with a CBD infused homemade lemon vinaigrette!
In a dressing bottle or jar, combine 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, your desired dosage of Lemon-Flavored CBD Tincture or CBD Isolate Powder, ½ teaspoon of dried oregano, and ½ teaspoon of crushed garlic and shake well. Mix your salad together and enjoy!
- Craft a mouthwatering CBD-infused mint hot chocolate!
You’ll impress your friends with this easy-to-make flavorful warm beverage that incorporates CBD two ways! If you have an instant hot chocolate packet, feel free to use that as your base. If not, simply whisk together and simmer 1 cup of your preferred type of milk or half-and-half, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt for each serving. Once it simmers, remove it from heat.
While the cocoa is cooling, combine half a cup of heavy whipping cream with your desired dosage of Mint-Flavored CBD Tincture in a mixing bowl, and using a hand mixer, whip until you have a thick topping to put over the cocoa. Pour the cocoa into mugs, stir in an additional couple of drops of Mint-Flavored CBD Tincture, top with the homemade whipped cream, and serve! Toss a fresh mint leaf on top for a photo-worthy CBD-infused mint hot chocolate!
We hope that these simple recipes have inspired you, and don’t be afraid to get creative! You can add CBD to coffee or dozens of other beverages, meals, desserts, and so much more! The possibilities really are endless.
Visit The Hemp Doctor Today!
Be sure to shop with The Hemp Doctor, America’s Premier Hemp & CBD Dispensary, when you want access to the safest, purest, and most highly sought-after CBD and hemp products in the nation. Our meticulously-crafted, water-soluble CBD options are designed to cater to a wide range of lifestyles and flavor preferences, all while maintaining the highest level of quality and potency.
Everything we sell is organic, third-party lab tested to ensure optimal quality, and backed by a money-back guarantee! Adding CBD into your home-cooking has never been easier, so start cooking with hemp and CBD from The Hemp Doctor! Get started today!