Immerse yourself in the great outdoors. Longer days and warmer weather usher in another season of trail riding. This is a great time of year to get those tires moving, particularly if you’re just starting. Cycling is an activity that has much to offer and requires minimal skill and equipment. Here are the essentials for enjoying epic mountain bike rides for both experienced and novice riders. Read more from The Hemp Doctor below.
An Excellent Way To Explore
Cycling is a sport that is accessible to almost everyone and can be done indoors or outdoors in urban areas or out in nature. It’s a fun way to get some exercise. And along with a balanced diet, it could help you maintain overall good health. Getting regular exercise can improve your mental state as well. First, determine what type of rider you are. Do you prefer to take it slow or go fast? Do you enjoy getting outdoors? Maybe you live in a colder climate and need a stationary bike? It all depends on your preferences and needs.
Mountain biking is broken down into several different styles. See this overview for more.
- Trail riding: the most common cycling style. It’s a more casual form of cycling, which is great for beginners.
- Fat-tire: good for off-roading on various terrain, making cycling easier for new riders.
- Cross-country: a faster version of trail riding. This style involves some undulating terrain and is suited for intermediate cyclists.
- All-mountain or enduro: an advanced version of mountain biking involving uphill climbing and long descents. It is ideal for expert riders.
- Downhill: for elite athletes only, this form of cycling features top speeds and big jumps. Downhill cycling provides an intense workout.
What are some of the advantages of cycling?
The health benefits of regular cycling are numerous. It can increase your cardiovascular endurance, improve muscle strength and flexibility, reduce stress levels, and help you maintain optimal weight. If you cycle outdoors, you will also experience the benefits of being outside in the fresh air.
What kind of trail biking gear do you need?
You’ll need a bike, one designed for your style of cycling. It’s important to dress appropriately, and this will include bike-specific clothing and rain protection, etc. Another necessary piece of equipment is a protective helmet. Also, consider using knee and elbow pads. Safety first! Be sure to bring along plenty of water and snacks. Last, be prepared with a basic first-aid kit and some helpful tools.
Pro tips: Learn how to fix a puncture. Watch this to find out how.
Where are the best bike trails in the US?
All over! Most states have trails that are great for cycling. However, a few stand out for having the best bike trails — states such as Utah, Colorado, and even North Carolina.
Bridge the Gap With Hemp-derived Cannabinoids.
Similar to the maintenance you would give a bike, people can also benefit from a tune-up. The compounds found in cannabis have known to help bring balance to the body and support necessary functions. Chemical substances such as cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids can be found in the trichome of the cannabis plant. These trichomes are located on the flower or buds and some of their leaves. Beneficial compounds including delta 9 THC and cannabidiol CBD can provide relief to sore muscles usually experienced after a long ride. Some consumers might enjoy a relaxing experience, and some might feel more energized. These effects will vary depending on the combination of compounds found in a particular cultivar, their potency, and other factors like tolerance.
Although there’s still a stigma surrounding cannabis use in sports, many professional athletes use cannabis for preventative and recovery reasons. Partly because it’s all-natural and because it offers an alternative to pharmaceuticals. Incorporating cannabis into an active lifestyle is easy. Many types of products are available in the legal market, depending on your goals and preferences.
Here are some points to consider when choosing a product:
- If you are looking for a format that will take effect quickly, dried flower and vapes are ideal. However, do keep in mind the health risks of smoking cannabis. This method is good for short-term relief.
- Products that are ingested, like capsules and edibles, require time to metabolize. These types of products have a slow onset with long-lasting effects. These are better for long-term relief.
- Sublingual products, including tinctures and sprays, can provide fast absorption, and the effects can last for some time. This method is good for both short and long-term relief.
- If you are interested in less intoxicating products, several formats are available, including broad-spectrum CBD and delta 8 THC.
Hemp-derived cannabis products containing a maximum of 0.3% THC are legal in most states across the US. Find out more about our line of full and broad-spectrum products. Start slow if you are new to cannabis and only increase the strength if needed.
Stoked for the Season!
Exercise can be very euphoric. Like the effects of cannabis consumers may experience, cyclists can experience what’s called a runner’s high. This phenomenon releases several hormones throughout the body, causing a short yet pleasant sensation for cyclists. Before you set off on your next rad ride, consider trying cannabis for a more enhanced experience. Cannabis offers many potential athletic benefits when used with intention. It can help you stay motivated on the trail, something that can be a challenge for many. Have fun, stay safe and follow the rules of the road.
Ready to achieve peak performance? Health-minded individuals can explore the advantages of cannabis here in the US. We are able to provide a full line of CBD products to suit consumer demand by leveraging the most modern nanotechnology. So start shopping and discover what’s new in hemp-derived cannabinoids today.
Shop. Earn. Redeem. Earn 1 point for each $1 you spend using The Hemp Doctor’s customer appreciation program! Leave a product review or comment on social media for extra points.