Cannabidiol, commonly referred to as CBD, has become one of the most popular wellness products in the United States. Since it’s legal debut in 2018 after the president signed The Farm Bill into law, all hemp-derived CBD products containing .3% THC or less started hitting the shelves, and consumers were snatching them up at record speed. To keep up with demand, pop-up shops and specialty stores have been emerging, and you can even find some less-reputable CBD products at supermarkets and gas stations (note: we don’t recommend those).
As happy customers share their success stories with friends, in online forums, and on social media, the demand continues to grow. CBD is even winning over the most skeptical individuals with its all-natural benefits. With CBD gaining new loyal enthusiasts each day, it’s important that eager consumers know exactly what CBD is, what it’s capable of, and how much of it to take to best enjoy it.
CBD: The Breakdown
Before delving deeply into dosage, here are a few bullet-pointed things every CBD newbie should know:
- CBD is derived from hemp, marijuana’s cousin plant. The two are in the same plant family (cannabis) but they are not identical and not interchangeable.
- Hemp-derived CBD is completely legal in the United States.
- CBD is all-natural, plant-derived, and non-addictive.
- Hemp-derived CBD is not known to cause mind-altering side effects, as products are either low in THC (up to .3% for full-spectrum products) or THC-free (broad-spectrum products). THC is the ingredient predominantly associated with the “high” consumers experience from marijuana use, which does not occur from using hemp-derived CBD.
- CBD is safe to use on a daily basis and can be used at home or on-the-go for prompt results.
Now that you know exactly what CBD is, let’s discuss why people love it so much. The list of reasons people use it is growing each day, but generally, it’s counted on to offer the following:
- CBD is taken early in the day to help the mind and body feel fresh and ready for anything. Similar to a nice cup of coffee to wake up your senses, CBD offers caffeine-free mental clarity to start your day.
- CBD is used to help the body recover. Whether your muscles need post-workout support after a strenuous exercise routine, or your tired or aging joints need relief, CBD comes to the rescue and helps alleviate several types of bodily discomfort.
- Before bed, CBD helps promote mental clarity and peace of mind, so the woes of the day can roll off your shoulders and you can rest soundly.
- As an addition to your typical skincare regimen, topical CBD products offer nourishing, moisturizing results while also promoting a sense of calmness as it penetrates the skin.
This highly versatile product offers these benefits and so much more! To maximize everything CBD has to offer, it’s important to fine-tune your dosage amount to meet your body’s specific needs.
CBD Dosage – Where to Begin
Every single body is different, so it’s no surprise that people need different doses of CBD to experience the best CBD results. To find your ideal dosage, you must first recognize the way CBD is measured. Each bottle should indicate how many milligrams of CBD is in the bottle as well as how much CBD is in each serving.
The number of milligrams (mg) of CBD contained in each serving is important, because, for products like CBD Softgels, the individual doses are pre-measured for your convenience. So each softgel will contain the same amount of CBD. For CBD Tinctures, however, the product comes with a dropper applicator. After reading the bottle, you can carefully fine-tune your dosage using the small notches on the dropper.
In general, one’s height and weight play a large part in how CBD is metabolized in the body. Here are some general guidelines that may help you understand how much CBD is ideal to start with:
For individuals who are 130 lbs & under:
- 11 mg or less can provide mild results
- 12-14 mg can provide moderate results
- 15-17 mg can provide profound results
For individuals who are 130 lbs to 230 lbs:
- 18 mg or less can provide mild results
- 19-23 mg can provide moderate results
- 24-27 mg can provide profound results
For individuals who are over 230 lbs:
- 23 mg or less can provide mild results
- 24-30 mg can provide moderate results
- 31-45 mg can provide profound results
Of course, these recommendations are only taking weight into account, and this chart is simply for your reference. Other factors may play a role in how many milligrams one needs as well, including their level of activity, the presence of other medications, other health conditions, and more. **If you do take other medications, it is always recommended to consult with your doctor before combining or adding any new product to your routine.
Because everyone is different, there is no cookie-cutter answer for “how much CBD should I take?” However, we recommend reviewing the above chart, then also starting with the lowest recommended dosage of your product. Starting with a low dosage then increasing incrementally until you achieve your desired results is the best way to find your perfect CBD dosage.
Some customers also utilize a journal to thoroughly keep track of their dosage increases until they find the right balance. This simple action documents how much CBD was taken, when, and how they felt afterward. It’s a great tool to use to find exactly what works for you.
Tip: Yet another great thing about CBD: Once you find the perfect dosage, you shouldn’t need to adjust it, as the body doesn’t typically grow a tolerance to it.
The Hemp Doctor: The Best Hemp and CBD on the Market
When you want to experience the very best that CBD and hemp have to offer, look no further than The Hemp Doctor! As America’s Premier Hemp & CBD Dispensary, we are experts on all things related to hemp and CBD. We offer a wide, diverse inventory of some of the most innovative products on the market today, and the quality of our products is second to none. Our organic hemp is processed using the most advanced extraction and purification methods, and our products are third-party lab tested for your peace of mind, too.
What are you waiting for? Start experiencing the benefits you deserve from CBD!