I’ve Heard a Lot about CBD – What Is It?
If you are someone who tries to stay up-to-date on the latest health and wellness trends, there is a good chance you may have heard of CBD. Often touted as a wonder supplement, we now see CBD everywhere – in coffee shops that sell CBD drinks, in spas which offer CBD facials and skin treatments, in stores that sell any number of CBD products, both for people and pets. There is a great deal of buzz about CBD, and all of the health and wellness benefits it offers to those who use it. In truth, however, there is also a lot of confusion about what CBD is – and what it isn’t.
At The Hemp Doctor, we are aware that there is a tendency to associate CBD with marijuana, as many are aware that CBD is derived from the cannabis plant. While this assumption is understandable, it is actually based on misinformation. In truth, there are actually two types of cannabis plants: the marijuana plant, and the hemp plant. While similar in many ways, marijuana plants produce higher levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the ingredient that makes users feel “stoned,” and contains lower amounts of cannabinoids. The opposite is true for hemp, which produces lower levels of THC and higher levels of cannabinoids. Many mistakenly assume that CBD is derived from the marijuana plant when, in fact, it is derived from the hemp plant. As a result, CBD and marijuana function very differently within the body. CBD, short for cannabidiol, is a chemical compound from the cannabis plant. Unlike its cousin, THC, which is found in high levels in marijuana, CBD is not psychoactive. As a result, those who use it can benefit from the many health benefits that it offers without the psychoactive side effects they may not desire.
Essentially, two main types of cannabinoids exist: endocannabinoids, which are produced naturally within the body, and phytocannabinoids, which are produced by plants. CBD is a phytocannabinoid that interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid (ECS) system, which helps to maintain homeostasis in the body. CBD essentially functions as a supplement to the endocannabinoids that your body naturally produces and serves to boost and enhance their beneficial effects. Thus, consuming CBD can assist your ECS system in regulating any number of processes, including things like inflammation, mitochondrial function, and metabolism. This provides a number of health benefits to the user.
How Can CBD Enhance My Health and Wellness?
What are the health benefits offered by CBD? They are many, and new benefits are being discovered all the time. Some of the most well-known benefits include relief from both acute and chronic pain caused by conditions like arthritis, fibromyalgia, lupus, and more. CBD can also help with common ailments, like insomnia and acne, as well as mental conditions like depression, anxiety, and PTSD. CBD has even been proven to help relieve symptoms of more serious conditions such as cancer, insofar as it reduces the effects of nausea, pain, and other commonly experienced side effects. CBD can be used to increase feelings of vitality and overall wellness, to boost energy levels, and to calm the mind. Some studies have recently shown that it can even be helpful for those who are struggling with addictions due to the way it interacts with the receptors in the brain that control addictive behaviors.
As an added bonus, while CBD offers all of these benefits to people, many have successfully used it on their pets as well. As mammals like cats and dogs have an ECS system too, CBD has been proven to have many health benefits for our furry friends. As with people, CBD has been shown to reduce symptoms of inflammation, nausea, and chronic pain in pets, as well as to reduce anxiety and increase overall feelings of wellness.
Clearly, the benefits of CBD are many, but as with any product, not all CBD products are created equal. In truth, a product is only as beneficial and effective as the methods used to manufacture it and the material from which it is sourced. That is why it is very important to choose CBD products sold by a reputable provider – one that uses the highest quality manufacturing standards and sources its CBD from plants that are grown with quality standards from the ground up. The Hemp Doctor is exactly such a provider.
The Hemp Doctor Difference
The Hemp Doctor is committed to providing its customers with pure, organic, bioavailable products at a reasonable and affordable price. When customers purchase The Hemp Doctor products, they are receiving a product made with the most advanced nanotechnology available.
All products are created beginning with The Hemp Doctor’s natural proprietary strain of phytocannabinoid-rich hemp, which we grow in the nutrient-rich soils of Colorado and North Carolina. That hemp is grown using only 100% organic practices and using a high-tech farming process and milling method that simultaneously enriches the quality of our hemp. This ensures that it is non-toxic and free of all of the harsh chemicals, solvents, and pesticides that you don’t want.
Our proprietary hemp extraction process guarantees that nearly all of our beneficial hemp-derived cannabinoids and terpenes are preserved, and unwanted compounds that aren’t beneficial are purged. As a result, every drop of our GREEN SOL phytocannabinoid rich (PCR) hemp oil contains more than 100 beneficial cannabinoids for a truly beneficial, full-spectrum product.
In addition, we are proud to be able to assure our customers that all of our products are tested according to the highest quality standards. We test in-house and verify that testing through independent third-party labs that use exacting and highly refined HPLC testing methods. We believe that accurately testing our products to ensure their purity and quality is important, and that our customers deserve only the best.
What Types of Products Are Offered?
At The Hemp Doctor, one thing we know for certain is that each person, each customer, is unique. We are all on our own journeys. Each of us has a different history, a different set of life circumstances, and different goals that we hope to achieve. As a result, we know that there is no “one-size-fits-all” product. What might be perfectly ideal for one person isn’t necessarily a good fit for the next. That’s why we offer a wide variety of products – we have something for everyone. Some of the products we offer include:
- Edibles: Let’s be honest – who doesn’t love candy? We offer a variety of edibles in delicious forms – from gummy bears to lemon drops, cherry sours, and watermelon rings – we have a wide variety of edible CBD products. Something that tastes wonderful and offers significant health benefits is a win-win.
- Softgels: We offer a wide variety of softgels, including full-spectrum softgels and softgels with melatonin and curcumin – for those who want an added health boost from other helpful natural substances as well.
- Energy Drinks: We are proud to offer a delicious “very berry” CBD energy drink. It can be taken as a dietary supplement and mixed with 12-24oz of water, depending on your desired strength. This drink can be used before, during, or after workouts to give an extra boost of energy or to help with faster recovery.
- Tinctures: A CBD oil tincture is one of the most popular methods of consuming CBD, especially among first time users. The term “tincture” is often used interchangeably with “oil” though the two are actually different. Oils can be consumed via a vaporizer, while tinctures are designed for oral consumption only. Tinctures may simply be placed under your tongue or added to food or beverages. At The Hemp Doctor, we offer high-quality tinctures in a variety of flavors, including lemon, mint, Ceylon cinnamon, and orange zing, to name a few.
- Topical CBD Products: The Hemp Doctor is also proud to offer a wide variety of topical CBD products, including balms, salves, massage oils, and lotions in a variety of scents. These can be excellent for improving skin health, relieving sore muscles, and more.
- Pet Care Products: As we mentioned, it isn’t only people who benefit from CBD – our pets can too! We offer pet tinctures with both grapeseed and olive oil as well as beefy treats that dogs love. If you are looking for a safe, healthy, natural way to enhance your pet’s health, we would highly recommend giving them a try.
From drinks, edibles, softgels, and tinctures to topical treatments and pet products, The Hemp Doctor offers a wide variety of pure, safe, and beneficial CBD products to meet the unique needs of each individual customer. Even better, we are discovering and perfecting new uses and products ideas regularly. Our products can conveniently be found online; try them out for yourself to see the difference.
Begin Your Health and Wellness Journey Today
If you are ready to feel better, look better, and have increased energy and vitality, don’t delay even one more day. Find out how CBD can improve conditions you have been struggling with and enhance your overall well-being. Visit The Hemp Doctor online to find a product that is a good fit for you. You won’t regret beginning this journey toward greater health, happiness, and wellness. We look forward to starting this new wellness chapter with you soon.