CBD is steadily increasing in popularity daily. It seems that some retailers can’t keep up with consumer demand, as more and more individuals seem to be flocking to CBD as an all-natural solution to address their many fatigues. As the success stories keep rolling in, retailers are eager to keep their customers happy and continue fueling this headline-worthy phenomenon. If you are someone who eagerly awaits the “next big thing” so you can get ahead of the curve, you’ve come to the right place. A simple web search will reveal the most commonly produced CBD products on the market today. But looking ahead, there is a growing demand for more innovative, cutting-edge CBD products, and we are all excited to know what’s coming.
CBD: The Versatile “Wonder-Supplement”
You may already know a few bullet-pointed facts about CBD, but for those of you who remain curious about it, and whether it is safe, legal, or even worth trying, we are here to put your mind at ease and provide you with everything you need to know about this remarkable compound.
- CBD is short for cannabidiol and is a compound extracted from the hemp plant.
- Hemp and marijuana are both from the cannabis family, but they are different – especially in their chemical makeup.
- Hemp-derived CBD is legal in the United States after the passing of the Farm Bill in 2018. This federal legislation legalized all hemp-derived CBD products containing .3% THC or less.
- THC is the ingredient responsible for psychoactive effects. So with .3% THC or less in all products complying with the law, consumers will not experience psychoactive side effects, making CBD an appealing option for many individuals.
- CBD is non-addictive, safe to use, and can easily and seamlessly be incorporated into one’s daily routine.
- CBD is utilized by the body’s endocannabinoid system – which is responsible for numerous daily functions and symptoms.
As such a unique, all-natural supplement option, it’s no surprise people are craving more products to incorporate into their lives to help them achieve the most favorable outcomes CBD has to offer.
Products to Get Your Attention
If you’re already a returning customer to CBD and you are well-versed in the CBD product world, you can skip the first couple of tried-and-true products listed below – but don’t scroll too far! Look for products with a ✭ next to it. Those are some innovative products you may not have heard of that might be hitting the market this year!
- CBD Softgels: This classic product is easy to use and doesn’t disappoint. Simply take a softgel with a beverage, and enjoy the many benefits CBD has to offer. Some companies even offer variations of the original softgel, like softgels + melatonin or softgels + curcumin to address more specific needs.
- CBD Tinctures: Another reliable CBD product promising prompt results, as you typically administer the product under the tongue, which allows for the helpful compounds to enter your bloodstream more quickly by sublingual absorption. Different brands offer different flavors, and it’s a great on-the-go CBD product.
- CBD Edibles: Lollipops, gummies, and candy just got an upgrade! Far more beneficial than any childhood sweet treat, CBD edibles are a favorite for those looking to enjoy the benefits of CBD in a tasty, fun way. New variations of these fun products are hitting the shelves at a rapid rate.
- CBD Energy Drinks: There are a few of these out there, but many more are coming. Consumers love the idea of combining the pick-me-up from an energy drink and the benefits of CBD in one tasty beverage!
- CBD Sparkling Water: Because we can never have enough beverage options, CBD will be added to your bubbly water soon – combining two of your favorite things! Step aside, flavored water of the past. There’s a more wellness-supporting competitor getting ready to hit the shelves.=
- CBD Candles: Who says home decor can’t be both stylish and beneficial to your health? CBD infused candles will be taking the relaxation one can achieve from a traditional scented candle to a new level. Bonus: There’s talk that some of these CBD candles may double as massage oils once melted. Mind blown!
The future of CBD is bright, as these are just a few of the dozens of new products expected to emerge from the CBD professionals’ think tanks. With the CBD market predicted to reach 20 billion dollars in sales by 2024, it’s no surprise that more innovative products are just around the corner.
Shopping For CBD Online
As we all await the release of these and many more inventive CBD products, it is important to consider that, no matter how “cool” a product may sound, you should be sure you are purchasing your product from a trusted CBD retailer. The most distinguished, trustworthy companies have a candid production process available on their website, excellent customer service with a money-back guarantee, and utilize third party lab testing to ensure premium quality.
At The Hemp Doctor, we not only meet the above criteria, but we also offer a larger, more diverse inventory of CBD products than most online CBD retailers. You can see the cutting-edge options for yourself by browsing the dozens of high-quality CBD products available for purchase on our website. We even offer CBD energy drinks and teas – something most of our competitors do not yet offer. At the Hemp Doctor, quality is our priority and your satisfaction matters to us. If you have any questions about our many potent, safe-to-use products, are seeking a recommendation, or simply want to chat about the ingenious CBD products to come, we are here to speak with you over the phone or through our online contact form.
Stay tuned for new, ground-breaking CBD products to come! Keep checking out our online store, too. We update our products frequently and are known for staying ahead of the times and leading the pack in innovation.
While browsing websites and reading product descriptions for your favorite CBD products, you are likely to come across the word “trichome.” If you don’t know exactly what trichomes are or what they do, you may utilize some context clues to deduce that they may be something good, even if you aren’t completely sure why. When selecting a health or wellness product to incorporate into your daily life, it is in your best interest to truly get to know what is inside of the products you consume and what impact they can have on your overall vitality. Getting to know what trichomes are and the importance of them will forever change how you read product descriptions in the future, as you’ll be completely informed about the purchase you are making.
If we are aiming to be better informed about our CBD purchases, it’s best to start with the basics. Here’s a quick cheat sheet to ensure we all begin with the same foundation of CBD understanding:
- CBD, short for cannabidiol, is one of over 100 beneficial cannabinoids extracted from hemp – a variation of the cannabis plant.
- As a variation of the cannabis plant, hemp (which is similar to marijuana, but not the same plant strain) is completely legal in the United States. Thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, CBD extracted from hemp (which naturally contains .3% THC or less), is legal for growth, purchase, and consumption.
- After a careful extraction process, CBD is added to numerous health and wellness products available in stores and online.
- Because CBD supplements contain up to .3% THC (full-spectrum) or 0% THC (broad-spectrum), consumers find hemp-derived CBD to be an attractive option, as these safe-to-use products can be taken throughout one’s typical day without fear of psychoactive side-effects.
- CBD is taking the wellness market by storm, as consumers are reporting benefits impacting their mental fatigue, physical discomforts, ability to wind-down after a long day, and more as a result of incorporating CBD into their lives.
You may be wondering: Where do trichomes fit into this? To answer that, let’s look a little bit closer at what trichomes are and the marvelous plant responsible for the helpful compounds within them.
Trichomes: The Key to Quality Cannabinoids
“Trichome” is derived from the greek word “Trichoma,” which means “hair.” Appropriately named, trichomes are microscopic hairlike resin glands. Trichomes are found on many plants, but for the purposes of understanding their role in your CBD products, we are going to focus on the trichomes found on the splendid hemp plant.
Trichomes are small, sticky, and glandular, and can be found in three distinct sizes/categories. Using photosynthesis, they are responsible for creating helpful compounds, including CBD (and other cannabinoids) as well as terpenes. From smallest to largest, here are the three trichomes found on the hemp plant:
- Bulbous Trichomes – The most microscopic of the bunch, these teeny tiny trichomes can be found on the surface of the entire plant. Because they are so small, they cannot be seen by the naked eye.
- Capitate Sessile Trichomes – Slightly larger and more plentiful along the exterior of the plant than the bulbus type, this trichome has a more distinct shape, forming a head-and-stalk structure.
- Capitate-Stalked Trichomes – The largest (no microscope needed!) and most common trichome, this fully-developed stalk has a gland-like head.
Together, each of these trichomes works together to protect the hemp plant, as the bitter taste and pungent smells (terpenes) they create help ward off critters or pests who may otherwise find the plant to be an appetizing snack. In addition to being a naturally-occurring defense mechanism to their plant, trichomes are the most vital, beneficial part of the hemp plant.
Are All Trichomes of Equal Importance?
While each trichome is important, and they all work together to defend and protect the plant. Capitate-Stalked Trichomes – the largest of the three which contain the glandular head – are the most fruitful of the group. They are responsible for creating the helpful cannabinoids and terpenes found in the most effective CBD products. All trichomes do not contain the exact same quality of compounds, however. It is important to note that, in the growing process, there are important indications for farmers to observe which reveal the optimal time to harvest. Over the course of the plant’s life cycle, some trichomes may fall off if not harvested at the appropriate time, which reduces the number of helpful cannabinoids that can be extracted.
Now, when you read product descriptions outlining the quality of your trichomes, you can understand the important role they play as part of a quality hemp plant, and consequently, as part of a high-quality CBD product. You now know that trichomes are the tiny resin glands found all over the plant, and they are responsible for creating the cannabinoids you find in your CBD health supplements.
Bonus tidbit: You may have also noticed the mention of terpenes. Terpenes are responsible for the variation of smells and hints of flavor one can experience when they use some hemp products. You may frequently see retailers mention details about the terpene profile, and now, you more intimately know what they are! Terpenes can vary; some can be sweet, pungent, citrusy, fruity, or even minty. Whichever distinct scent or flavor you prefer, you can now take pride in being an informed shopper as you browse different products and understand how vital the compound-rich trichomes are to the creation of your product.
The Hemp Doctor Difference
You can shop with confidence when you trust The Hemp Doctor to provide the best CBD products (derived from hemp organically grown in the United States) backed by a money-back guarantee. As industry professionals, The Hemp Doctor realizes that premium CBD products come from the best, highest-quality hemp plants nurtured in nutrient-dense soil and harvested at the perfect moment to preserve the trichomes at their peak of potency and quality – so that is exactly what we do.
You can choose from a variety of helpful, potent CBD products from softgels and salves to gummies and tinctures, just to name a few. For customers interested in trying hemp flowers, feel free to browse the numerous hemp/CBD flowers and prerolls. Now that you know exactly what to look for, you can explore the variations of trichomes and terpene profiles to find a product that meets your personal preferences.
If you have any questions or curiosities regarding CBD, trichomes, or a specific product, help from The Hemp Doctor is just a simple call or click away. Get the personalized attention you deserve so you feel the utmost confidence in your CBD purchase, and you will surely be pleased with your experience. Visit The Hemp Doctor today!